last week i talked with a few friends about our thesis and i think it was important to get closer to what i want to do, so here are a few interesting thoughts / references / comments:
- wild men are celebrated, so why not celebrate the wild women?
- “Cat on a hot tin roof”
- is the wild woman repression related to a conception os promiscuity?
- is my project trying to change the connotation of this “hate/repressor” speech?
- subtly subverting what this speech carries
- is it an active resistance piece?
- what is the difference between the double-standards toward gender behavior? are there playful ways of creating juxtaposition of those?
- are there interesting comparisons between male vs female characters?
- how can you explore drama since it’s a remarkable characteristic of the opera?